We’re now officially half-way through 2011, which hardly seems possible. Wasn’t it Christmas a few weeks ago? Didn’t I just sit down to write my goals for the year?
Back in January, I told you all about my goals for this year in the belief that making them public would make me more accountable.
I haven’t hit all of the ones I meant to by this time. It’s taken me a little longer than I expected to write and revise the two manuscripts I’m working on, but that’s okay with me because I’d rather take that time to improve them than to pointlessly send out work I’ve rushed through.
Things I have managed to do:
– go on my first research trip (to Bosnia)
– book my tickets for RWA Nationals (my very first writing conference!) and line up pitch appointments
– enter a couple of contests
– judge the Golden Heart, beta read for a couple of people, and continue weekly critiques with my partners
– connect with more people on Twitter and this blog
– blog at least once a week through WordPress’ PostAWeek challenge, and grow the number of blog subscribers and daily hits this blog gets.
The year may be half over, but that’s still a lot of time to achieve my other goals:
– completing the two manuscripts I’m working on
– writing the first draft of another story
– querying agents and keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll find the right agent for me.
Did you make goals for 2011? How are you doing with accomplishing them?